Sunday, September 4, 2011

"A life without love is like a year without summer" ~Swedish Proverb

Sadly, this will be the last post of the summer. I will try to attach a video montage of the camp that my organization had at the Black Sea. I hope you all enjoy seeing the laughter, smiles and activities all the children participated in!
School will start on September 15th, a mere 11 days away. As of now I am uncertain of my role (as most PCV’s are at the start). I do know that I will be teaching English to Roma kindergarteners and also helping with 7th and 8th class English with my counterpart at our Roma School. Teenagers are tricky but are also a great population to work with as they are still discovering who they are and what they want to become. I have many ideas spinning through my head but ultimately I’m not here to impress upon my opinions but to help with the needs of my organization. Once I am at school for awhile my counterpart and I will discuss what types of projects I can help with.
The weather here has finally started to cool down with a light jacket being needed past 8:00. While the sun is still hot, it is bearable and actually pleasant. As you know, I live in a mountain city and whenever I take a minute to glance at the mountains I try and imagine what it will look like when the snow starts to come. On Tuesday I will take the trek up the mountain to Musala, the highest peak in the Balkans. This will be about a 7 hour hike. During our hike we will pass through the 7 famous lakes of Bulgaria. I’m not sure of all the names but I know most of them are after body parts.
In other news I now have a 2 month old kitten named Zoe to keep me company. She’s very spunky and enjoys so play (as most babies…)! I really like coming home to someone waiting for me.
I hope you all are doing well wherever you may be. Remember to take time to smell the roses.
With Love,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment